Sunday, August 22, 2010

Distractions...projects not Chanel

I estimate that I've spent 60-70 hours on my Nashville Chanel and I'm still not done.  I do work slowly but this is starting to feel like a marathon...without all the sweaty runners.  I need a break.  I also need some tops because I've become even bustier over the last 6 months.  All my RTW tops are not exactly work-appropriate anymore.

I'm distracting myself with these projects:

Vogue 8392 view A in a white stretch poplin from Fabric.com

V8392 front

Vogue 1197 view A in a navy colored "slubby" single knit from Fabric.com

V1197

Butterick 5495 view C in a white "slubby" single knit

B5495

Butterick 5498 view A in the navy "slubby" single knit

B5498

Butterick 5525 view C front with view A sleeves in a teal and also a turquoise "slubby" single knit

B5525

Butterick 5328 view A in a turquoise stretch poplin from Fabric.com

Butterick 5328 blouses front image

Vogue 8391 view B in the white stretch poplin

V8391 front

Simplicity 2601 view D (pink shirt w/ cap sleeves and collar, no ruffle) in a white stretch poplin with turquoise floral embroidery from Fabric.com

Simplicity 2601 front image

There is the possibility that DH and I will be moving to a new home in the next 6 months and I dread the idea of packing up all my fabric.  I decided to sew it up in bunches and the first pile I came across was the white/blues/greens purchase from Fabric.com.  The "slubby" knit wasn't at all what I thought it would be but it is very lightweight and only $1.99/yard.  The knit is so lightweight and sheer that it almost feels like one of my sister's beloved tissue tees from J.Crew.  If so, they should be super comfortable in this dreaded Memphis heat.  I have some knit linings from Lucy Fabrics (before she stopped selling fabric).  I was planning to make some camis to wear under my blouses.  The above projects and the camis would account for 28 yards...not even a drop in the bucket.  Sigh.  To further complicate things, my classes start up again on Monday.  I'm taking twice as many credits this semester so I can graduate in December.  Hmmm, might be packing up all that fabric after all.  Ladies, don't stash fabric!!  I store mine in these 6-shelf sweater organizers.  One was so heavy it tore away from the hanger and fell on me yesterday.  It was like wrestling with a 100-pound snake!  I nearly threw out my back trying to stack it up against the wall.  Who says sewing isn't dangerous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just my opinion....

This policy is valid from 11 December 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org