Friday, July 23, 2010

Window shopping

Darn it, I bought Vogue patterns.  (banging head on desk)  But I really needed these...honest.

I've been sewing (and shopping) over the past weeks but my pics are at home so I'll post more later.  What have I been working on?  My Chanel-style jacket, of course!  So I've been hot and cold with my sewing lately.  It dawned on me earlier this week that my closets are full of uncompleted projects...cardigans with no buttons, pants with no hems, and stuff that was supposed to be something but it's been so long I don't know what the heck I was making it for.  No more unfinished projects!  (Anyone care to take bets on how long this resolution lasts?)  I desperately need pants but I want to finish my Chanel-inspired jacket before the summer is over.  I'm going to work on that jacket everyday until I finish.  I'm making great progress but I have to push on or it will languish in my closet for 6 months.  And DH will never let me hear the end of it.  I can't decide if the thrill of finishing the jacket or the desire not to be nagged by DH is pushing me along. 

I couldn't bring my jacket and all the necessary sewing notions with me on my trip so I brought other unfinished projects.  I've been hemming 3 pairs of semi-crappy pants (bought at Target out of desperation).  I could've knocked these out in one evening but I wanted to work on hand stitching.  So I've been perfecting the overcast stitch and blind catchstitch.  I'm still working on the "cross your hand" (overcast again but opposite direction).  My "cross your hand" stitches look more like "crazy with the needle" stitching.  Yes, I'll embarass myself and post pics of my hideous hand stitching...but later. 

I enjoy shopping and I enjoy enabling so for those that didn't already know, Claire Shaeffer has a 2-DVD set coming in late August, Couture Techniques Workshop Basics.  You can pre-order now.  I'm certain these DVDs will be a great addition to my sewing library as I am currently enjoying her book, Couture Sewing Techniques.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just my opinion....

This policy is valid from 11 December 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org