Saturday, March 19, 2011

Where did the time go?!

Wait, I know where the time went.  DH and I moved further into TN last week.  We now live in Eastern Time Zone so we lost an hour coming from Central.  Then on Sunday morning we lost another hour.  Losing 2 hours has really messed with our internal clocks.  I'm adjusting a bit better than he.  I've spent most of my life on EST.  I will admit that CST is better because you can still watch all your favorite late TV programs without staying up too late. 

The move was extremely tiring and stressful and it felt that way from the very beginning.  My fat cat peed in my new car; not just in the car, but on the car seat.  Resolve carpet cleaner works wonders, in case you didn't know.  Before she peed, I spent 5 hours driving and listening to a chorus of yowls and whining from our little runt, the vocal cat, and our fat, older cat who is normally very quiet (and litter box trained).  You would have thought I was abusing these cats based on the terrible noises they made.  If you happen to only ride with one cat in the car, drape a blanket over the pet carrier.  The cat should settle down in no time.  Unfortunately, I had 2 cats and they were talking to each other.  I'm betting the conversation went like this.

Fat cat: This sucks!
Runt cat:  Dude, this really sucks!
Runt cat:  Do you smell something?
Fat cat:  Sorry, I peed.
Runt cat:  Thanks for the stink, butthead.
Fat cat:  Bite me, you little runt.
Runt cat:  THIS SUCKS!  I want a lap to sit in.
Fat cat:  I want a snack...and a clean bed.

I couldn't be mad at fat cat, partly because I felt sorry for her but mostly because I walked into our new home to find it trashed (thanks to the previous tenants).  After the cat pee and dirty house, the move went as moves typically go; many trips to Lowe's and Wal-mart, lots of boxes and paper strewn about, and endless decisions about where things should go.  I didn't get a dedicated sewing room but I did get 2 closets to store my supplies and fabric, an much better fabric storage system, and great natural light for sewing.  Not too shabby at all.  With our next move, I'm hoping for a little more space so I can have a room all to myself.

My first sewing project is window treatments for the house.  I've never successfully made window treatments before but I have 4 Singer books just on window treatments so I'm optimistic this time.  Wish me luck.


--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just my opinion....

This policy is valid from 11 December 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org