Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spring 2011 patterns!!

I've shown incredible restraint with the new patterns being released but with the release of Vogue patterns, I cannot control myself anymore.  Simplicity and McCall's had some cute patterns but not much that I just HAD to have.  When I received my Vogue patterns magazine 2 weeks ago, I got a glimpse of the new spring patterns and I've been stalking the Vogue website and all the Hancock's and JoAnn Fabric stores in town.  WHEN WILL VOGUE PATTERNS BE IN THE STORES?!!!! 

So here are my picks from Simplicity, McCall's and Vogue.  I'm not going to post all the Vogue patterns that everyone else is drooling over.  I only liked a few of them anyway but I did see some real gems in the rest of the line-up.

McCall's did have several cute patterns but most looked like patterns I already own.  The latest Palmer & Pletsch is worth picking up though.

McCall's 6282

M6282 front

Despite the cute factor in all of the Cynthia Rowley designs, I don't see myself wearing any of them, except for #2857.  There were many cute patterns in the Simplicity Spring 2011 release but these are the only ones I bought.

Simplicity 2248 (try this link for a better view)
I love the slimming effect of the midsection and the sleeve options.

S2248 front

S2248 line

Simplicity 2256 (better view)
I can't help it.  I like the ruffled collar.  I admit that with the wrong fabric, this jacket could go from cute and sassy to clown-ish.

S2256 front

Simplicity 2261 (better view)
I actually bought this one for the tee with pleated trim at the neck/shoulders.

S2261 front

S2261 line

My less popular Vogue picks are all very wearable and (hopefully) won't languish in my pattern drawer for years.

Vogue 8715
I love View B.  The simple lines with the fullness in back.

V8715

V8715 line

Vogue 8718
I'm still on the fence about the jacket.  The sleeves are great but the fullness of the peplum front may make my hips look even bigger.  The lines of the shirt and dress are nice.

V8718

V8718 line

Vogue 8721
Another great Elizabeth Gillet design for shrugs and other eveningwear accessories.  The deep silver/gray button-front jacket is gorgeous.

V8721

Vogue 8710
Even DH loves the striped long-sleeve top.  I'm not a fan of the big sleeves on the short sleeve tops.

V8710

Vogue 8712
I would never wear these pants to work but the pull-on pants could be great for loungewear or even exercising.  I'm weird.  I don't like wearing shorts to exercise.  I prefer capri length or long pants.

V8712

V8712 line 

Vogue 8714
Definitely wear the jacket open.  Just lovely.

V8714

Vogue 8722
I just might try to make some belts too!

V8722

I need more patterns like I need a broken-down car.  I tried to curb this obsession but bottom line...they're cheap, they don't take up much space (at least they didn't until I bought hundreds of them), and I WANT them.  Do you watch Hoarders on A&E?  They need to start a reality show about people who craft.  Come into our homes and find all our stashes of fabric, notions, patterns, books, yarn, etc.  Our houses won't be messy.  After all, messiness stifles creativity.  But the sheer volume of stuff could be funny, embarassing, and a tad sad...just what reality TV is all about.  Darn it.  Now I need to find something to get rid of so I can make space for new patterns.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to snag a few of the new Vogue patterns, but I haven't even bothered to look at the McCalls and Simplicity offerings because I already have too many projects and unsewn patterns. I'm also trying to be conscious of my pattern and fabric "hoard" (yes, I've seen that show, and it is disturbing! ).

    ReplyDelete

Just my opinion....

This policy is valid from 11 December 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org