I finally bit the bullet and bought this for myself. AWESOME!!
This DVD is awesome because:
- It saves space. 1 DVD or 24 years worth of magazines? Easy decision.
- Cheaper than a 24-year magazine subscription. Penny pinchers take note!
- It's searchable!! I searched "button" and immediately found 2 great tips for sewing buttons on faster and stronger.
- Search terms are highlighted. Much easier to see at a glance if the article is what I needed or if it only mentions my search term once and for a completely unrelated reason.
- Search titles and/or keywords. Not a novel concept yet many programs won't let you distinguish between the two. If I search "buttonhole," I want an article about buttonholes not every article that ever mentioned a buttonhole.
- You can zoom in and read. I prefer to read paper and not computer screens but the zoom feature makes it easy to read on the screen.
- You can save your favorites. You can't name your favorite article but you can create folders for your favorites to organize them easily.
- You can print. If you must, you can easily print the article.
- It's all relevant. The fashions may have changed but they still had fitting issues and interfacing questions in the 80's.
- 80's fashion!! Those pics are hysterical.
- You can flip through an issue. It's just like having the magazine.
- Knitting and crocheting are included. I haven't seen much of this in the past few years but earlier issues contain some great articles about knitting and crocheting as well as sewing.
The only downsides I see so far are that you must download this onto your computer (you need 3GB) and I can't take this with me to work. If you don't have permission to download a program onto your computer, you can't use this DVD. Once it is downloaded, you are done with the DVD. I would love to do some light reading on my lunch breaks but Big Brother at work takes away all the fun (no photo-sharing websites, no YouTube, no downloading fun games and no forwarding jokes).
At $150 USD, this was a good investment for me. If you like to buy sewing books, you probably spend that much in a year just buying books. You could save some money and buy this DVD and never be able to read all the articles in a year. Just my 2 cents.